By Jean Hillier,Jonathan Metzger
Read or Download Connections: Exploring Contemporary Planning Theory and Practice with Patsy Healey PDF
Best regional planning books
In A position for discussion, Sharon McKenzie Stevens perspectives the contradictions and collaborations enthusiastic about the administration of public land in southern Arizona—and by way of extension the whole arid West—through the lens of political rhetoric. Revealing the socioecological relationships between cattlemen and environmentalists in addition to builders and recreationists, she analyzes the ways in which language shapes panorama through shaping judgements approximately land use.
Regardless of ongoing technical advances, city and nearby making plans is usually some distance much less powerful than we'd desire. Conflicting techniques and variable governmental settings have undermined planning’s legitimacy and allowed its targets to be eroded and co-opted within the face of mounting demanding situations.
The taxicab makes an important contribution to the accessibility of a urban, and offers a variety of companies throughout many various social teams and concrete environments. This research considers the jobs and capabilities of the taxi from its origins because the first approved kind of public delivery, to the present diversifications of auto kind and operation, to predictions for its destiny improvement.
What are the main rationalities that underpin making plans coverage discourses and the way do they 'frame' doubtless irreconcilable conflicts round improvement and environmental safeguard? supplying a radical evaluation of those vital questions, this stimulating booklet studies making plans coverage within the united kingdom and the rationality of 'sustainable development'.
- Boundary Bargain: Growth, Development, and the Future of City-County Separation (Mcgill-Queen's Studies in Urban Governance)
- The GIS Guide for Elected Officials
- Contemporary Perspectives on Jane Jacobs: Reassessing the Impacts of an Urban Visionary
- Planning for Public Transport Accessibility: An International Sourcebook
- Marginalizing Access to the Sustainable Food System: An Examination of Oakland's Minority Districts
- Cities for Children: Children's Rights, Poverty and Urban Management
Additional info for Connections: Exploring Contemporary Planning Theory and Practice with Patsy Healey